[AG-USERS] Phil AG node launching

shudo at ni.aist.go.jp shudo at ni.aist.go.jp
Sat Jan 15 03:20:03 CST 2005

Hi Dondon,

From: Dondon Carlos <dondonc at asti.dost.gov.ph>

> THe Philippine AG node will finally be lauched this year. The date will
> either fall on the 28th of january or feb 4 or feb 9.

Congraturations!

> In this regard, we
> would like to invite presentors/experts who can give presentation on
> topics including AG applications on health/medicine, agriculture and
> disaster mitigation.

The words you let me remember "SARS Grid" developed by NCHC, Taiwan
with support from AG people around the world.  You can reach the
details by googling.

In 2003, I could have an opportunity to report AG related situation in
Asia-Pacific area. The slides we used are available on:

  Asia Pacific, A Distinctive Region with all kinds of Diversity
  Kazuyuki Shudo, Hiroyuki Komatsu
  April 16, 2003
  PANEL: AG Community, Access Grid Retreat 2003
  http://www.shudo.net/publications/ag-retreat-2003/

These slides are based on the situation of almost 2 years ago and part
of them is ouf of date.

  Kazuyuki Shudo
  Grid Technology Research Center
  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)