[AG-TECH] problems with AG 3.1b2 on RHEL 5.2

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Wed Jan 20 16:50:51 CST 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Douglas Kosovic wrote:

> Other X11 apps like emacs will have the same issue, I suspect your
> xorg.conf file is broken or copied from your earlier Fedora Core 3
> setup.

Thanks. You are exactly right. I missed it because I use an alternate
startx and xorg.conf to start a dual-head card with a projector that may
be off or connected to something else. So when I grepped in xorg.conf I
wasn't looking in the active one. Duh. I had copied the dual-head config
from FC3, which explicitly sets RgbPath and FontPath. RHEL5 doesn't, and
the defaults are different.

Firefox, gnome-terminal and the gnome desktop had no problem. I got an
error from Xfig, which degraded to monochrome and fixed fonts, but ran -
unlike vic which just crashed.

I note that stdout/stderr from rat,vic do not appear in .AccessGrid3/Logs
as far as I can tell.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)