[AG-TECH] Mac OSX 10.6

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Sep 9 04:41:21 CDT 2009

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback, comments below.

> I was able to use your instructions for this with the following
> comments:
>
> > The assumes the patch file wasn't downloaded to the home dir
> > (i.e ~/), "wasn't" = "was" :-)

Yep.

> The vic loaded into the browser as a page - I was able to resave it as
> a file from the browser window. You might check that, it'll throw some
> users that it wasn't downloaded as a file in both cases - the patch
and the
> vic.

Good point, I've created a AG32beta-patch-vic.dmg.bz2 file that contains
both files and can readily be opened in finder once downloaded:

http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/macosx/10.6/AG32beta-patch-vic.dmg.bz2

> Copying the vic file I found those directories on my OS X machine
under
> /.AccessGrid3/local_services/VideoConsumerService, etc.
>
> Works. In fact, just off the top of my head - I noticed the new vic
> displays the h261as previews... Just fine! And the producer vic, while
hidden,
> actually shows up. :-)
>
> After un-hiding the producer vic I was able to play around (on my MBP
-
> 3 year old+ 2.33Ghz model) and send video in h261as in 640x480, then
> crashed it sending mpeg4 video, then h264 video worked... But of
course
> processor intensive.

There is also a minor issue with some of the text labels in VIC being
truncated a bit, possibly related to the new Tcl/Tk 8.5 introduced in
Snow Leopard.

Cheers,
Doug