[AG-TECH] Wireless mobile AG clients (was: portable AG Node)

R. P. C. Rodgers rodgers at arborvitae.com
Tue Dec 9 12:44:16 CST 2008

Thanks for sharing, Ben.  I have been trying to take this a step further
by using a Sprint wireless broadband card (3G, EVDO) in a MacBook Pro.
In very limited testing, rat audio worked
(though I'd like to run a long test as I'm guessing it will be subject
to the well-known Mac audio issue in which sound quality degrades over
minutes, requiring frequent restarts of rat).  The vic
tool, however, failed to start -- and a quick look at log files (thanks
to Todd Zimmerman)
suggested that perhaps the Internet interface for the Sprint card is set
up in such a way that vic
can't find it properly.  It would be lovely to get this going properly.
Also, we need to start
anticipating the use of WiMAX (4G) in the near future...

Regards, Rick Rodgers