[AG-TECH] Minimizing and Placing Windows

Keith Simmons ksimmons at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:47:08 CDT 2007

Hello,

I have been maintaining 3+ AccessGrid nodes for about two weeks now.
One of the issues I have is creating a setup that automatically
places windows where they belong after starting the Venue Client.  I
created the following python script for MS Windows to minimize
windows that are usually extraneous for our users:

http://wiki.archer.rit.edu/wiki/Window_Minimizer_for_Usability

Are there more reliable ways to start certain windows minimized,
place windows automatically, or otherwise automate the end-user
experience?  I am worried primarily about MS Windows right now, but
cross-platform solutions are preferred.  Is there a "save window
layout" button that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Keith Simmons
http://ITartist.com