[AG-TECH] Global QA Process for the Access Grid

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu Mar 15 01:21:03 CDT 2007

Dear Colleagues

The purpose of this email is to hopefully receive feedback on the quality assurance process that is being developed for the Access Grid.

As some of your may not be unaware, there has been some ongoing development to try and create a Global QA Process...  A decision was made to incorporate some regional specific tests that are required and used at different global regions.

Therefore, this email is to ask if there are any specific applications or QA tests that you feel should also be incorporated into the QA process.

Currently, the QA process looks something like:

Access Grid Name :
Access Grid Institution:
Access Grid Country:

o	Audio
		Echo				(Pass/Fail)
		Quality			(Pass/Fail)
		Talk Off			(Pass/Fail)
		Ambient			(Pass/Fail)

o	Video
		Picture Quality		(Pass/Fail)
		Positioning			(Pass/Fail)

o	Networking
		Multicast			(Optional)
		Unicast			(Required)
		Multicast Beacon		(Optional)
		NTP				(Pass/Fail)

o	AGTK
		Restart			(AGTK Only)

o	INSors
		Restart				(INSors Only)

o	Text Messaging
		Jabber			(AG3 default, or any Jabber Client)

o	Shared Applications
		Shared Presentation	(Optional, AUS Required)
		Shared Browser		(Optional)
		VenueVNC			(Optional, AUS Required)
		Shared Desktop		(Optional, Canada Required)
		IGPix				(Optional, UK Required)

o	Miscellaneous
		Details	 		(Pass/Fail)

o	QA Testers Comments:

o	Result [Pass/Fail]

I haven't noted what is required to pass each test, but know that some of the tests are optional and not required to pass a QA test.

I really would like to hear feedback on what tests you feel should be added, especially those regional specific tests.

Many thanks for your time,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Phone : 07 4930 9229

Patience is a virtue.