[AG-TECH] Re: Compiling VIC in Visual Studio 8 (2005)

Sam Gundry sgundry at vpac.org
Tue Jan 30 17:03:08 CST 2007

Hi Andrew,

I am using multicast.  When I use the already compiled VIC binary (from
the UCL installer), video appears in both VideoConsumerService and
VideoProducerService windows.

The issue occurs when I use a VIC binary I compiled in Visual Studio 8.0.

When using the my compiled VIC, neither window has any video, but it is
transmitting correctly since a remote machine, using a standard VIC
binary, can see the video properly.

I think I've caused bugs in the program when trying to compile VIC in
VS8.0. The following is the debug output:
> [224] [pid/224 +335 c:\sgundry\ucl media tools\common\src\mbus_config.c]
> [224] Closed registry entry...
> --GetMcast: 12fa19ac 890046f8
> --GetMcast: 12fa19ac 890046f8
> [224] vic-2.8ucl1.2.1.SharedVideo: tcl runtime error: vic: _o13: no such method (enable_xv)
> [224] stack trace:
> [224] vic: _o13: no such method (enable_xv)
> [224]     while executing
> [224] "$target enable_xv $enable_xv"
> [224]     (procedure "attach_renderer" line 38)
> [224]     invoked from within
> [224] "attach_renderer $src $w $enable_xv"
> [224]     (procedure "attach_window" line 2)
> [224]     invoked from within
> [224] "attach_window $src $stamp.video false "
> [224]     (procedure "build.src" line 11)
> [224]     invoked from within
> [224] "build.src $w $src 1"
> [224]     (procedure "really_activate" line 9)
> [224]     invoked from within
> [224] "really_activate _o10"
> [224]     ("after" script)
> [224] Please mail this error message and, if possible, an explanation
> [224] of what user-action caused it to vic at cs.ucl.ac.uk.

The error occurs in the "really_activate" procedure, which,  according
to this article https://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/wiki/VicDev,
is responsible for creating the video thumbnail.

Regards,
Sam

--
Centre for Computational Prototyping
Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing