[AG-TECH] Fading AG usage?

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 4 14:56:02 CST 2007

Hi Derek:

 From my perspective, the user base has continued to grow.  I see this
in the number of software downloads and in the number of certificate
requests
(for AG2 users and for AG2 and AG3 Venue Servers), which I'm
frequently reminded of when I see new people show up in the AG3
Lobby.

I know of numerous projects that use the AG on a regular basis;
AGSchedule is a good indication of that activity, but yet incomplete
because some international collaborations schedule their meetings
by means other than AGSchedule.  I'm also aware of a number of
projects around the world that are planning large rollouts of the AG to
support their collaborations, in some cases with 10 or 15 sites, in other
cases across hundreds of sites.

In any case, the response of the user community should be telling.

Tom