[AG-TECH] AG 3.0 and MS Vista - Receive Pythonw.exe error

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Apr 13 03:14:46 CDT 2007

Hi Dan,

> But the issue we've run into is that the demo is also suppose to
> feature MS Vista and the AG 3.0 Video conference software and although
> AG 3.0 installs fine we're getting a pythonw.exe error when trying to
> enter a venue - "pythonw.exe has stopped working - A problem caused
> the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program
> and notify you if a solution is available". So far Windows has not
> notified notified us of any solution =-O ... but hopefully someone
> else among the AG community might ... anyone found a solution for this
> problem yet ?

The pre-built AG3.0.2 packages require Python 2.3, but only Python 2.5
and Python 2.4.3.12 (or later) work correctly with Windows Vista, see
ActivePython FAQ:

http://support.activestate.com/faq/what-is-the-best-version

I'm looking into building AG3.0.2 with Python 2.5 or Python 2.4.3.12,
but haven't finished yet.

Doug