[AG-TECH] Re: AGVCR problem

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Wed Sep 6 17:21:38 CDT 2006

Hi Paul

Seems like I have the same error, only it hosed my vic and rat.....do you
know how to get rid of the old DLLs?  Upgrading to the newest GTK created a
problem on my machine!!! And I have a big seminar tomorrow morning at
9:00.....oh woe is me....

Cindy
At 02:19 PM 9/6/2006, Derek Piper wrote:

>         Paul,
>
>         Do you have an old GTK runtime installation on the machine you're
> testing on? References to that message indicate it was a known bug in GTK
> around March time. The runtime included with AGVCR has the most recent
> Windows build of GTK. So, I'm guessing some old DLLs are being found on
> the system and causing things to break.
>
>         Derek
>
>Paul Mercer wrote:
>>Derek/AG community
>>I used the Windows installer, typical installation, to install AGVCR.
>>After starting AG2.4 and entering a venue, I added AGVCR to the Shared
>>Applications and when starting it I see..
>>connecting to venue
>>getting venue url
>>getting venue streams
>>generate command line
>>and then the error The procedure entry point g_intern_static_string could
>>not be located in  the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll
>>I have reinstalled twice and rebooted after the install.
>>any help would be appreciated.
>>thanks
>>Paul
>>  Paul Mercer
>>Arctic Region Supercomputing Center
>>907 450 8649
>>

>--
>Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
>IRI 323, School of Informatics
>Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544