[AG-TECH] Troubles entering the venues...

Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it
Fri May 19 04:10:19 CDT 2006

The solution of setting the GLOBUS_HOSTNAME variable solved the problem
for the WindowsXP VenueServer but not for the SUSE 10 one. I tried to set
it for the bash (opening a konsole and typing the "export" command) but
nothing changed.
Is there some other way to set that system var that I could try?
Thanx,
Faber B.

> "Thomas D. Uram" <turam at mcs.anl.gov> scritti il 08/05/2006 19.05.53
>
> > You can also use the IP address.  How you set it depends on the shell
> > you use:
> >
> > For bash:
> > export GLOBUS_HOSTNAME=140.10.10.10
> >
> > For csh:
> > set GLOBUS_HOSTNAME 140.10.10.10
> >
> > Tom
> >

> > Fabrizio.Berdondini at prototipo.it wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you Thomas, just 2 questions: our server machine as far as now

> > > doesn't have a public hostname, just a public IP. Could this be a
> > > problem? Second: how can I set the globus_hostname variable for a
SUSE