[AG-TECH] AGTK pyglobus error

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 12 04:01:26 CDT 2005

Hi Steven,

> Hi I am having problems installing AGTK2.4 on Gentoo 2.6.12-r6
>
> It fails to compile the pyGlobus code complaining SWIGTYPE_p_Globus_byte_t
> is undeclared. It complains earlier complaining the dependency to build
> gassCache package, same for gassServerEZ, myProxy, gramClient and
> rlsClient

I had a problem with newer versions of swig and pyGlobus, my solution was to
not run swig and use the prebuilt swig files that come with the pyGlobus
code.

In AccessGrid/packaging/BuildPythonModules.py, delete the following line:
              '--run-swig',

I'm not sure if it is the same problem you are getting on Gentoo, I was
using a fairly new beta version of swig at the time.

Cheers,
Doug