[AG-TECH] Re: Cert Expired

Darran Edmundson darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au
Thu May 26 22:50:12 CDT 2005

On 27/05/2005, at 1:10 AM, Thomas D. Uram wrote:

> Certificates requested from the AG Developers CA are signed
> manually.  Our goal is to
> maintain a two-day turnaround; looking back at the signing history,
> we normally do much
> better than that.  The process has not been automated because we
> have been trying to
> provide some level of identity assurance, instead of just issuing
> certs blindly.

> This question has come up enough times that I've added this detail
> to the FAQ page, which
> I plan to have better maintained in the future.  If you have
> suggestions for other
> information to add there, let me know.

And someone called 'dee900' ;-) has also added it to the portal:
     http://slap.anu.edu.au:8200/help/faq/argonnes_cert_process

Everyone please note, *anyone* can submit a FAQ, even if someone else
has provided
the verbatim answer.  Just make sure that you credit them (there's a
"contributors"
field available).  If you compare the FAQ with Tom's response, you'll
see that I have
pared it back and made it 3rd person neutral.  Please don't write in
the first person.

Cheers,
Darran.

---
Darran Edmundson (darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au)
ANU Supercomputer Facility Vizlab
Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2600
tel: +61 2 6125-0517  fax: +61 2 6125-5088