[AG-TECH] AccessGrid 3: What information is available

Tom Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 24 10:21:57 CDT 2005

Certificates will still be required.  You have now, and will have in the future, the
option of requesting a certificate from the anonymous CA that we run.  Anon certs are
signed and available for retrieval immediately.  One possibility is to have the software
request an anon cert if one doesn't exist, and use it, leaving it as a later option to get
an identity certificate.

The plan for communications within the node is that they will not be over secure
connections and will not require a certificate.  Only the venue client will require a
certificate (on the client side, anyway).  This should ease part of the difficulty of
setting up a node.

With the current software, _new_ users should get the current system node config.  This
doesn't help you when it changes, in which case you really want to be able to maintain
system node configs and allow users to choose from among them.  We're working on this
functionality, too.

These features are part of the plan of making the node more like infrastructure and easier
to use.

Tom