[AG-TECH] Personal Access Grid Audio

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue May 10 09:25:58 CDT 2005

Jason,

Take a look at the Polycom
SoundStation.
http://www.polycom.com/products_services/1,1443,pw-34-181,00.html

We've had great success using these with several pigs.  The sound quality
is lacking as it was meant for use over the phone, and there's an extra box
you need to buy to connect it to the computer, but all in all it gets the
job done.

You might also look at the AccuMic:
http://www.clearone.com/product_service/product_detail.php?prodid=76

to use in conjunction with a regular set of speakers.  The only trouble
I've had with this is the connections which are a bit counterintutive to
the typical user, but make sense to the node op that understands how echo
cancellation is done.  Also, the sound quality on these is pretty good and
you can daisy chain them together.

Hope this helps.

MYK