[AG-TECH]Virus in AGTk-2.3-Py-2.3.exe?

Brian Tieman tieman at aps.anl.gov
Mon Jun 13 08:11:47 CDT 2005

My virus checker McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 just deleted all my
copies of the AGTk install packages.  The checker is claiming a virus
detected as "GenericBackDoor.dr" was detected and so deleted the files.

I've had these files for months now and am reasonably certain there are
no true viruses in them (at least I hope there aren't--I installed them
in a lot of places!).  I'm guessing my checker just updated itself with
a new signature file which contained something found in the
AGKt-2.3-Py-2.3.exe file it didn't like.

Anyone else see this?  The virus scanner is controlled by IT and I can't
turn it off--is there a work around for this problem?  Anyone think I
truely do have a virus?

Thanks for the input!

Brian Tieman
Argonne National Laboratory