[AG-TECH] more on multi-input capture.

Supreeya Miller Supreeya.Miller at usm.edu
Fri Jul 15 15:39:53 CDT 2005

Fred and Derek,

I'm running XP for the Video machine, which has 3 PCI-x Opsprey 230 cards.
The machine is 64 bit.  Here are the tricks I found to get each card to work
properly.  This needs to be done one time.  Then the successive times will
work beautifully as the previous one.
	1. Use the legacy driver.  I read John Q's message on 5/16/2005.  The
subject line was "Windows Capture Cards".
	2. Run vic manually (to any address and port) for the number of cards.
Since the default is not-transmit, you will not get stuck with the Windows
binding to one source.
	3. Choose "Configure on Transmit".  Amazingly the machine will show that
you have 3 device capture cards (in my case).  Then you can set the video
resolution and color mode.  I set the resolution to 352x288, so that I will
not have the gray frame around my video.  My machine also shown that I had
the fourth source, which was x11....go figure.
	4. Pick one and click Transmit.
	5. Do the same thing with the rest of the cards.
	6. Terminate all vic programs.
	7. Run the AG program as usual.
	8. Use the "Manage my Node.." to rid of the x11 source.  Then save and set
as default that configuration.

Since vic remember the last configuration, each one of my 3 vic programs
always picks up each capture device correctly. This has worked well for me
for the pass 5 weeks since the arrival of my 2 new DELL machines.  I don't
have to choose capture devices again..not even one time.

I hope my tricks will work for you guys.  Good luck.

Supreeya Miller
System Administrator, Scientific Visualization Researcher, and Access
Grid Coordinator
The Center of Higher Learning
Building 1103 Room 102
Stennis Space Center, MS  39529