[AG-TECH] node manager can't connect to service managers

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Wed Jan 12 12:31:24 CST 2005

Hi all,

I'm having a problem on my multi-machine node, which is running AG
2.1.2b. The machine running the Venue Client (VC) cannot connect to the
Service Managers (SMs) I have running on my audio and video machines. I
can ping the machines with the SMs from the machine with the VC, and
I've checked to be sure that the VC is looking for the SMs on the
correct port (it's looking on 12000, and they're running on 12000).

The VC machine is running Windows XP Pro. Windows Firewall is off. I do
not have difficulty running vic and rat manually.

I do not know for sure whether anything's been changed on any of these
machines. I don't think so, but I can't swear to it.

Advice on what to look for?

- Jennifer