[AG-TECH] GWARE ON WINE

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Dec 27 05:48:30 CST 2005

On 23/12/2005, at 10:10 AM, Chris Kendrick (VPAC) wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have tried to install gware under wine as directed from the site
> http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/xap400/
> gware_wine.html that Christoph Willing posted.
>
> I seem to have it all installed ok and gware comes up, however when
> i go "file" "new site" "ok" then select "connect" "connect" i get a
> message in the message log "Port could not be opened".

Chris,

Firstly, did you build/install WINE from CVS? The CVS version has
some fixes (not so far available in normal release versions)
specifically related to the serial IO involved in connecting to the
hardware.

Part of creating a new site is setting the RS232 connection
parameters - speed, flow control, which port. These need to be set
(and matched to the hardware) before you can connect to the hardware.

chris

Christoph Willing                           +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland