[AG-TECH] Portal node listing update ...

Martin Polak mpolak at gup.jku.at
Tue Aug 9 02:35:12 CDT 2005

Darran Edmundson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to all those who have taken the time to add
> a "Node Listing" to the portal.  I've just finished a
> crude listings page that aggregates the data.    http://agcentral.org/
> You'll find this under the new "nodes" tab on the main
> navigation bar.  It's not pretty at the moment, but
> that'll change in the near future.
>
> I suspect that others will now want to start adding
> listings.  To facilitate this, I've written up a How-To
> on "Adding a Node Listing":
>    http://agcentral.org/help/how-to/node-listing
>
> Note, this document needs "reviewing" and
> "publishing" by one of the portal reviewers (you know
> who you are).  Until then, it won't appear in the
> Help Center and is reachable only by logged-in
> members via the above link.
>
> I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow to vastly expanded
> node listings.  Next will be a map of Access Grid
> nodes using the GPS coordinates ...

Hi Darran,

a minor issue I just found:

On entering my site I did not select "multicast enabled" because my site doesn't
support multicast. However when viewing my entry in the global listing, it says
I am multicast enabled..... So whatever the checkbox is, it is not being
evaluated correctly.

Cheers,
Martin

Dipl.-Ing.               			     EGEE-Partner #2
Martin Polak

Institute of Graphics and Parallel Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenbergerstrasse 69
A-4040 Linz, AUSTRIA, EUROPE                 ________  ______
phone: +43 732 2468 8884                   / / __/ / / / /_/ /
fax: +43 732 2468 9496                    / /_/ / /_/ / ____/
mobile: +43 699 112 02 493                \____/\____/_/
email: mpolak at gup.jku.at              http://www.gup.uni-linz.ac.at/