[AG-TECH] How to build from the CVS

Socrates Varakliotis S.VarakliotiS at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 18:48:38 CDT 2004

Dear All:

I was wondering what the preferred way of building the AGTk v2.3 is:

a) I have been using the AccessGrid/tools/CvsSetup.py script (as described
in the website) after a CVS checkout. With that the toolkit starts and runs
fine.
b) Our colleagues at Southampton have been using the
AccessGrid/packaging/BuildSnapshot.py script. This method also results in an
operational toolkit.

So, could someone shed some light on whether (a) or (b) is most preferred
and any possible side-effects of using one or the other method?

We're both using Linux: RedHat 9.0 for case (a), Fedora Core 2 for (b).

Any comments appreciated.

--
Socrates.

--