[AG-TECH] Best single machine *Linux* hardware setup

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 27 09:42:27 CDT 2004

I'd look at this years Linux Journal Ultimate Linux box, here are the specs
from www.pogolinux.com:

Motherboard/chassis: Celestica A8440 (AMD-8131 Chipset)
Memory: 16x PC2700 2048MB ECC REG (32GB)
Network interfaces: BCM5704 10/100/1000 x 2
RAID: Adaptec ASR2200S
Storage: Seagate ST336607LC 36GB U320 SCSI HDD x 4
Video: Appian Rushmore Quad-DVI PCI
Audio: Creative Labs SB Audigy
Power Supply: 500W Hotswap x 3
Miscellaneous: PC Floppy drive, IDE DVD-ROM, USB

I'm guessing this machine would run either windows or linux, and being a
quad processor AMD64 it's probably got plenty of cycles.

--Ivan