[AG-TECH] development issue

David G Mills dgm at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 06:19:40 CDT 2004

I'm trying to get the VenueClient to actually work properly when you pass
it the '--insecure' option from the command line, instead of some fake
facade of a working application.

My final grievance is with the RunService() method within AGService.py. So
some reason it is starting an instance of SecureServer from
hosting/SOAPpy/Server.py without performing any kind of check to see if AG
is running in insecure mode. I've tried all sorts of checking to ascertain
from within the RunService() method whether '--insecure' has been called
on start up, but nothing works. It would seem that the method call is so
far down it has no understanding of the processes above it that are
calling it.

Could an actual AccessGrid developer please suggest how I can check on the
state of the VenueClient from RunService() or perhaps suggest how to
modify it and subsequent classes to be able to pass a parameter down to it
so that it knows the state.

Awaiting eagerly,

David.