[AG-TECH] Idea for creating "observer only" venues

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 22 20:20:36 CDT 2004

Seems like just using some authorization facility would be easier. Just
don't allow those participants to "write" to the venue.

The authorization stuff that's in 2.X is admittedly incomplete and the SOAP
latency makes it hard to use, but it's proven itself when it comes to the
design and structure. In 3.X we'll have to make sure it's fast enough to be
usable because with it you could do what I'm describing, which is what you
really want. you don't really want to bridge venues this way, it's plumbing
at the wrong level of the system, IMHO.

--Ivan