[AG-TECH] NTP error on shared app startup

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Tue Oct 5 15:30:03 CDT 2004

Probably other places too.  Should I worry about the following error?  Is
it OK for serverTime to be 'None'.  Does that cause problems elsewhere?  Or
am I getting errors because an NTP server cannot be found?

Here's the error (I obviously won't be able to find ntp-1.accessgrid.org):

10/05/04 11:40:28 1468 Toolkit     toolkit.py:178 ERROR
Toolkit.__CheckForValidClock: Connection to sntp server at
ntp-1.accessgrid.org failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\Toolkit.py", line 176, in
__CheckForInvalidClock
     serverTime = GetSNTPTime(timeserver, timeout)
   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\NetUtilities.py", line
43, in GetSNTPTime
     client.sendto( data, (server, 123 ))
gaierror: (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')