[AG-TECH] xawtv?

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Oct 1 02:44:52 CDT 2004

Hi Ramon,

> Are there any documents on how to install this xawtv?

It depends on which Linux distribution you are using.

> I am having trouble installing 2.x and my hauppauge cards on linux.

xawtv was only required for AGTk 2.2. The V4L video device detection code
was reimplementation in native python in AGTk 2.3, so that xawtv's v4lctl is
no longer required. If the small python script from the following URL can
detect your video cards, then so should AGTk 2.3 as it uses basically the
same code:

    http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC2/stable/patches/v4ltest.py

Doug