[AG-TECH] multinode?

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Nov 18 21:43:03 CST 2004

On 19/11/2004, at 3:48 AM, Natalia Costas Lago wrote:

> mmm... r u sure? I thought the reason of the linux nodes was the
> possibility of accessing the grid by means of globus.
> Am I wrong??

The globus stuff exists in the Windows version of the AG2 toolkit too.

While the answers below to the original question are strictly correct,
one can also ask/respond:

Can a multisystem node use linux as all three computers?
yes
What is the purpose of windows .... do I need it?
no

> >  Can a multisystem node use winXP as all three computers?
>
> yes
>
> >  What is the purpose of the linux .... do I need it?
>
> no

Christoph Willing                        Ph: +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland