[Fwd: Re: [AG-TECH] Building AG-2.3 for Mandrake 10.X]

Steven Woolsey woolsr at inel.gov
Thu Nov 18 14:53:29 CST 2004

Forgot to cc the list.  sorry.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [AG-TECH] Building AG-2.3 for Mandrake 10.X
Date: 	Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:51:53 -0700
From: 	Steven Woolsey <woolsr at inel.gov>
To: 	Eric Olson <eolson at mcs.anl.gov>
<Pine.LNX.4.58.0411171446580.9920 at terra.mcs.anl.gov>
<419BC32E.1070808 at inel.gov>
<Pine.LNX.4.58.0411171546390.9920 at terra.mcs.anl.gov>

Eric,

Thank you for the suggestions.  I have tried them, and these are the
results:

32-bit:
I have looked for the file
   ~/.AccessGrid/Logs/AGServiceManager.log
but none exists.  The file .aglog file in /tmp doesn't exist either.
Any other suggestions?

64-bit:

I tried the -cert and -key option with -debug.  Here are the results:

   [woolsr at aesir woolsr]$ grid-proxy-init -cert cert2.pem -key key2.pem
-debug

   User Cert File: cert2.pem
   User Key File: key2.pem

   Trusted CA Cert Dir: (null)

   Output File: /tmp/x509up_u501
   Your identity: /O=Access
Grid/OU=agdev-ca.mcs.anl.gov/OU=inel.gov/CN=Steven Woolsey
   Enter GRID pass phrase for this identity:

   ERROR: Couldn't read user key: Bad passphrase
   key file location: key2.pem

   grid_proxy_init.c:794:
   globus_gsi_credential.c:1092: globus_gsi_cred_read_key: Error
reading user credential: Can't
    read credential's private key from PEM
   OpenSSL Error: pem_lib.c:455: in library: PEM routines, function
PEM_do_header: bad decrypt
   OpenSSL Error: evp_enc.c:277: in library: digital envelope routines,
function EVP_DecryptFinal: bad decrypt
   OpenSSL Error: pem_lib.c:666: in library: PEM routines, function
PEM_read_bio: no start line

I am not sure what all of that means.
I tried an Anonymous Certificate and set it to the default, but the
grid-proxy-init still couldn't find it, so I used certmgr.py to export
the cert and key.  Using the -cert and -key worked with the anonymous
certificate.  So it appears to be something with the keys I have
imported.  I requested a new key from this machine, and it still won't
accept my passphrase.

Thanks,

Steve

--