[AG-TECH] Mute switch for AG.

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Wed Mar 24 15:47:42 CST 2004

I've noticed this phenomenon on the gentner because of one mic I tend
to plug and unplug before and after meetings (podium which rolls around
the room, i plug the mic in for AG meetings only) and wasn't quite sure
why it was that the audio was off afterwards - I would reload the
gentner settings when I noticed that mic wasn't echo cancelling... to
fix it quickly. Now I know why thanks to this discussion!

I think I just read about on a Shure mic they have documentation of how
to literally alter the circuit board on the microphone to accomodate
the muting from the gentner rather than muting at the microphone itself
for just this reason.

Someone had mentioned putting microphones from the ceiling... but the
Shure site does NOT recommend this. Pros and cons... I have a room I'm
designing where the tables will be moved all over the place any given
time. Should I just go with wireless table boundary mics or consider
ceiling mics or just deal with wiring the mics to the tables as needed?
Thoughts on this one? (sorry, sidetrack from the original discussion)

-John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.
Computer Manager / LBRN & CCT / LSU 131 Life Sciences Bldg.