[AG-TECH] AG on Fedora 1 Core

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 22 01:59:56 CST 2004

Hi Hank,

> I'm trying to bring up the AG Venue Client on the Fedora 1 Core using the
> great RPMs that Douglas Kosovic put together.
>
> Whenever I start it, all I get is the message "You are not in a venue",
> and when I go to "My Venues --> Go to Home Venue" it responds with
>
> "Can not connect to venue located at
> https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/default
> Please try again"

The official RedHat 7.3 globus-accessgrid-2.0 RPM used to echo some info to
stdout in the post install step. As the Fedora Project Developer's Guide
recommends not to output anything to stdout in that step (e.g. you might be
using a GUI RPM installer that never sees stdout),  I output the details to
the following file:

  /usr/share/doc/globus-accessgrid-2.0/README

Extract from the file:
--
You need to run the following commands in this order after the
installation of the globus-accessgrid-2.0 package has been completed.

. /etc/profile.d/gpt.sh
. /etc/profile.d/globus.sh
${GPT_LOCATION}/sbin/gpt_verify
${GPT_LOCATION}/sbin/gpt-postinstall
/usr/lib/globus/setup/globus/setup-gsi
/usr/lib/globus/setup/globus_simple_ca_45cc9e80_setup/setup-gsi -default
--

I don't think I ran any of the above commands on a clean Fedora Core 1
install I'm using, although I did copy ~ag/.AccessGrid from a previous

Cheers,
Doug