[AG-TECH] New Fedora Core 2 AGTk CVS snapshot

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 19 10:39:19 CDT 2004

hi Doug.

this is a very interesting and promising upgrade of VideoServer.py
VideoProducerService.py, on the other hand, is still languishing on my system.

on one hand, your new VideoService.py breaks your previous patch's correct
'same with VideoProducerService.  The Venue Client comes up with a Service
Manger where those fields are, again, defaulting to 'Television'.

more importantly in my opionion, however, once those configurations are
changed in the Configuration GUI for those services, the changes are
transmitted correctly to VIC for VideoService.  VideoProducerService still
comes up defaulting to 'Composite1'.

i think that you're pretty close to a winner.
and you're right.  with VideoProducerService i wasn't turning off the mute of
my video streams.

thanks.

--fred