[AG-TECH] New Fedora Core 2 AGTk CVS snapshot

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 16 15:35:17 CDT 2004

hey Eric.

that works for both VideoProducerService.py & VideoService.py.  i noticed
that the 'status' field doesn't get preserved upon restarts, though. ;^)

i have 1 bigger and 1 smaller problem that i don't have a clue how to
solve because i don't understand the underlying code At All in, say,
AGServiceManager.py.

bigger:
regardless of how the node services come up (TV or not TV) in my
ServiceManager, i still have to set my VideoService VICs from Composite1 to
S-Video every time i change venues.
i have a hunch that this error message is related to that...
/////////
INFO:ServiceManager:Using services dir: /home/aguser/.AccessGrid/local_services
INFO:ServiceManager:__DiscoverResources
config: invalid value for input: (null)
valid choices for "input": "Television", "Composite1", "S-Video", "Composite3"
config: invalid value for input: (null)
/////////

smaller:
same issue as above with VideoProducerServices, plus i cannot see my
video streams in the VIC.
the obvious solution is to use VideoServices rather than VideoProducerServices.

does VideoServices add to the amount of data being received, or are those
extra sub VICS just displaying from the same streams as the master VIC?

thanks.

--fred