[AG-TECH] Re: Developing Shared Applications - Wiki Content

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Thu Jul 15 09:42:12 CDT 2004

FWIW, here's also some information I had saved locally from the wiki page on Contributed Software, for people who need the links that used to be there:

- Jennifer

*********************

Distributions

      Platform: Slackware
      Version: 2.1.2
      Location: http://apag.accessgrid.org/AG2/index.html
      Contributed by: Chris Willing <agdev at vislab.usyd.edu.au>

      Platform: Redhat's Fedora
      Version: 2.1.2 and CVS snapshots
      Location: http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/
      Contributed by: Douglas Kosovic <douglask at dstc.edu.au>

Shared Applications

      Shared Movie player
      AGTk Version: 2.1.2
      Platform: Windows
      Location: http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/snaps/sharedmovie-setup-1.00.exe
      Contributed by: Bob Olson, ANL <olson at mcs.anl.gov>

      Shared Rasmol
      AGTk Version: 2.1.2
      Platform: Windows, Linux
      Location: http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~turam/AG/SharedRasmol.html
      Contributed by: Bob Olson <olson at mcs.anl.gov>, Tom Uram <turam at mcs.anl.gov>

      ImmersaView Launcher
      AGTk Version: 2.1.2
      Platform: Anything that has the following installed: at least Python 2.2, wxPython (version?)
      Location: http://www.evl.uic.edu/cavern/rg/20031022_spale/
      Contributed by: Allan Spale, Electronic Visualization Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago <aspale at evl.uic.edu>
      Description: This software assumes the installation of ImmersaView (runs on Linux, Windows, Mac; downloadable from: http://www.evl.uic.edu/cavern/agave/immersaview/). The concepts presented with ImmersaView Launcher could be adopted to launch just about any program. Please note that this software uses XML-RPC and might pose a potential security threat because of the functionalities provided by a customized XML-RPC server. To learn more about XML-RPC, please visit: http://www.xmlrpc.com/ .

      Basic Image
      AGTk Version: 2.1.2
      Platform: Windows
      Location: http://cherokee.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~semeraro/Stupid_AG_Tricks/default.htm