[AG-TECH] hauppauge video problems

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 10 17:36:52 CST 2004

Actually the problem is this. Vic can only handle Video for Windows (VfW
devices) which is an old driver style. vic can map the newer WDM drivers
to a VfW device, but it can only do that for one device. Basically, if
you have drivers that are VfW then all of them will be seen and usable
in vic. If the drivers are WDM only, then vic will pick a device and map
and that's it. Hauppage has stopped providing VfW drivers for their
cards. Osprey, however, still provides VfW drivers for their cards.

This driver issue is also why you can only have one web cam hooked up
since, I'd say, all web cams provide only WDM drivers.

Make more sense?