[AG-TECH] Webcam on FC2

Michael Miller myk at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 8 09:02:43 CST 2004

Doug,

That explains why yum clean all fixed my problem.  Also, the thumbnail
thing is a problem with no thumbnail for my video at all.  It's not in the
vic producing the vic, nor is it in the display vic.  But alas, my kernel
is only kernel-2.6.9-1.3_FC2, so, I will try upgrading that and see what
happens.

MYK

At 01:07 AM 12/7/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Michael,
>
>>I did:
>>yum clean all
>>
>>and then:
>>
>>yum update AccessGrid
>>
>>and the -6 was installed.
>
>Interesting.
>
>The timestamps on the yum header files on my website were screwed up, the
>headers for -5 and -6 had the same timestamp, which may have contributed
>to the problem. I've since deleted the -5 header and recopied the headers,
>preserving the timestamps.
>
>>Still having trouble with my video feed not showing as a thumbnail in the
>>local vic.  But I've verified that remote sites can see it.
>
>As in you are using VideoProducerService which unlike VideoService has the
>thumbnail muted by default?
>
>>At this point I think I have my linux based laptop node ready to go.
>
>I've re-downloaded and re-installed AccessGrid-2.3-6.i386.rpm just to
>confirm I had the right vic version in the package (at least with
>VideoProducerService.zip). I also installed
>kernel-smp-2.6.9-1.6_FC2.i686.rpm and the PWC module that comes with it is
>seems to work fine with vic.
>

>Cheers,
>Doug

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec