[AG-TECH] Osprey Cards....... Desperation

Lewis Grantham l.grantham at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 2 07:21:24 CST 2004

Hi Stuart

osprey cards have a few bits that can trip you up.  Im under 2000, but
broadly similar:

to select S-Video, run the vidcap32 (amcap?)  program that gets
installed with the drivers.  its a freebie thing in  the program menu,
usually under "Osprey multimedia capture"

you should be able to select each card in order from the options menu
and choose the video source settings (input = S-Video, PAL/NTSC etc).
These changes get kept as the default for that card, somewhere in the
registry I guess.

Be careful with the video format options here - the colour formats are
not 100% supported by VIC, so try and keep these to something like
"RGB24".  if Vic fails to bind correctly to each card - best to use
VidCap to check the colour format settings.

vid cap should offer a preview of each card too, to let you check the
correct and expected camera shot is there.

All these bits are under vidcap >> options.

Also, newer (osprey?) drivers have an annoying habit of adding a virtual
device in multicard systems, something like "Default Capture Card".  Its
just a pointer to one or other of the real devices, but confuses things
a lot.

Sadly I did not record how I got rid of it, but it was a registry hack,
taking out the references to the 'Default' device.  once that one was
gone, I was able to access all four cards in our system correctly and
reliably.  It was a while ago, but with the virtual device in the way am
pretty sure we had the same effect as you , i.e. being unable to select
or use number 4 properly.

we also got a lot of vic errors as successive vic programs would end up
trying to share hardware devices - one following the 'default' pointer,
and one going direct.

have a hunt through the registry for the exact 'friendly name' shown at
the bottom of the vidcap options menu (something like 'o100vc.dll Osprey
card 1')and you should find the correct registry entries to try and
export/delete.

as always be very careful in there, and back up any original before
commiting changes.

hope this helps some

lewis

--