[AG-TECH] Bridging on TVS?

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 9 11:46:13 CDT 2003

This brings up an interesting question of cooperation and coordination for
unicast support:

If I run a BridgeServer on my network for my VenueServer and my multicast
goes down, the BridgeServer is useless.  What I would need is a
BridgeServer on someone else's network that points to my VenueServer.  What
policies are in place to provide a bridge for another institution and they
perhaps reciprocate?  How would one coordinate fulfilling several requests
for such arrangements?  Does the BridgeServer software have facility for
acting as a bridge for several VenueServers or would I have to run a
separate instance of the bridge software for each VenueServer I want to
bridge?(I'll admit to not having tried the bridge software yet)

Just pondering...

Michael Miller
NCSA

P.S.  Sorry Tom, I meant for this to go to the list...