[AG-TECH] obtaining a certificate for v2.1.1

Albert J. Hermann albert.j.hermann at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 6 16:24:08 CDT 2003

Hi,

I am new to the Access Grid. I have dowloaded and intalled the software
for version 2.1.1 on a Windows XP platform. I attempted to get a
certificate, following the instructions posted on

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/documentation/VENUE_CLIENT_MANUAL_HTML/VenueClientManualHTML.htm

But all I received was the following message:

>>I am no longer signing Access Grid certificate requests that come
>>directly to this email address. In order to get a signed certificate you
>>should upgrade to version 2.1.1 or later and use the certificate
>>management system to generate and manage your certificates.

How do I go about getting a certificate for version 2.1.1? There is no
documentation online regading the "certificate management system", and
the older documentation is apparently obsolete.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Al Hermann