[AG-TECH] Walk through installation and setup of AG2.0 on your existing AG

Don Morton donmorton at fastmail.fm
Mon May 12 06:50:28 CDT 2003

On Wed, 07 May 2003 15:17:41 -0500, "Barbara A. Kucera"
<bkucera at ncsa.uiuc.edu> said:
> EPSCoR State AG Node Users
>
> This is a really good way to get assistance "from the horses mouth" to
> upgrade your existing Access Grid node to AG 2.0.  On Tuesdays and
> Thursdays this week (tomorrow is Thursday) and next week, Eric Olson and
> Mary Fritsch will lead a town hall meeting (for details see below) to
> walk
> you through installation and setup of AG2.0 on your existing AG.

Jeremy is going to try to take part in these, though I don't think he
can make the Tuesday one (some lame excuse about having to take a final
exam).  If the weather is good, I'm scheduled to do my first
long-distance
solo flight to Kalispell (near Glacier National Park), and although I
love you all (well, most of you!), looking at the Flathead Valley
from 7,500 strikes me as more appealing than watching you all on
the AG :)

We're going to offload our AGN to folks who actually have more resources
for long-term support, but I'd still like to at least "keep in touch" via
PIG's and such.

We, along with Montana Tech in Butte have been teaching a 1-credit Unix
Programming Tools course this semester, which seems to have gone off
well - it's almost "old hat" to be teaching on the AG these days, but
still requires a lot of technical support, and the administrative
model is still elusive (by sharing a class, a single school has low
enrollment, which admin folks don't like, so it only seems to work
when you volunteer to teach "overload").

   Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana
   Missoula, MT 59812 | Voice (406) 243-4975 | Fax (406) 243-5139

My all-time favourite bumper sticker:
    REUNITE GONDWANALAND!!!