[AG-TECH] Matrox Parhelia triple head AGP: 3 independent outputs???

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 09:37:00 CST 2003

On 27 Mar 2003, Gurcharan S. Khanna wrote:

> --- John Hodrien wrote:
> I've happily run a GeForce 4 MX alongside a Matrox G200 before, so there's no
> reason to think your setup won't work.
> --- end of quote ---
>
> so, specifically, i could have the parhelia's 2 independent AGP displays and the
> PNY GeForce4's single PCI display be treated as a single logical display and
> drag windows from the GeForce display to  the parhelia displays. is that
> correct? i just want to make sure.

Yes, but windows recognises them as three displays (since you should be able
to run the parhelia in 2 x independent, with one extra on the GeForce4.  Then
the GeForce4 would be set as the primary monitor.  In future you could then
switch to using 3 x stretched with the parhelia with hopefully no ill effects.

jh

--
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                                     -- Pablo Picasso