[AG-TECH] Network Flow diagrams

Andrew Shewmaker` shewa at inel.gov
Mon Jan 20 09:23:21 CST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:30:47 +0000
Philip J McCormick <mccormick at uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> I've had a look in the AG docs for a diagram that shows the ports and
> network protocols used by the applications running on the AG machines
> (Display, Audio and Video), but I can't find one. Does anyone know the
> location of such a diagram or have one they can send me?
>
> I've knocked up a quick example of the kind of thing I need. I'll use this
> one if there aren't any others out there......does it look correct?
> anything missing?
>
> (See attached file: net_flow.jpg)
>
> Thanks
>
> Phil McCormick
> MCCORMIC at UK.IBM.COM

You will probably want to add:

Display: access grid beacon server (HTTP TCP 9999), NTP (TCP/UDP 123),
         VNC (TCP 5800,5900,others?)
Video:   NTP (TCP/UDP 123), SSH (TCP/UDP 22)
Audio:   NTP (TCP/UDP 123), SSH (TCP/UDP 22)

But I'm just a beginner and there are probably others I've missed, or
perhaps people are using different VNC ports.

Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker
Associate Engineer

Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory
2525 Fremont Ave.
Idaho Falls, ID 83415-3605