[AG-TECH] PAL vs. NTSC

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 26 08:37:45 CST 2003

re PAL - it works!

Can't remember whether Belgium followed France and went for
SECAM (probably not - in many ways Belgium is more German
than French) but PAL and SECAM are close cousins (50 Hz,
625 lines etc).  I would totally recommend a 'native' (i.e. PAL
when in a PAL country) setup - using NTSC will enormously
increase costs in the long run.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Osland                                               Office tel: +44
(0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid                          Medialab tel: +44 (0)
1235 446459
BIT Department                                     Access Grid room tel: +44
(0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk                                       Fax: +44
(0) 1235 445597
CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK
[The contents of this email are confidential and are for the use of the
intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take any action on it or show
it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]