[AG-TECH] Can AGTK run on IBM AIX 5.2?

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 29 11:08:57 CDT 2003

At 06:50 PM 8/26/2003 +0800, amli at eti.hku.hk wrote:

>Could anybody tell if the access grid tool kit (which version if any) can
>run on IBM AIX version 5.2?

Theoretically, it should be able to.

What is needed are working builds of the prerequisites.

For both GUI and non-GUI stuff you'll need these:

         Python (2.2 or later, I'd recommend 2.3)
         Globus 2.0
         pyGlobus (from the FL CVS)
         OpenSSL
         pyOpenSSL (from the FL CVS)

For the GUI tools, you'll need wxPython. I'm not sure what is available for
wxPython on AIX; for Linux we use wxGTK, which requires GTK. I don't know
if GTK has been ported to AIX. Googling gives some mention of it, so it
might be possible.

You'll also need builds of the vic and rat media tools; I know they have
worked on AIX in the past (I think last I used them was with AIX 4.3), but
don't know their status on late-model AIX.

--bob