[AG-TECH] PCI specs

Andrew Shewmaker shewa at inel.gov
Wed Apr 2 15:34:25 CST 2003

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 12:30 pm, Andrew Daviel wrote:

> I'm now looking at Tyan Thunder MB which seems to have 5V PCI ...

Would that be the Thunder K7X - S2468?  We bought one because the
specs and the picture indicated that it could take 4x 5v video capture
cards.  Well, the 5V 64-bit slot didn't work with our Hauppauge WinTV-dbx
model 401 cards.  I wasn't the one who tried it, but I guess it wouldn't even
boot.

It looks like Tyan has made several BIOS updates that we haven't tried, but
one of our cards went bad and we haven't really needed more than 3 cameras,
so we haven't tried the updates yet.

We have been looking at multi-channel video capture cards.  Originally the
Falcon Quattro, but then we were pointed to the EAGLE Quatrro since we
needed s-video inputs.  See http://www3.sympatico.ca/4mvision/FrameGr.htm

-Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker