[AG-TECH] Ports used in AG

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 18 08:55:16 CDT 2002

Randy,

The vv.dat file included with the quickbridge contains a list of all the
IP's and ports used for the various ANL venues.  I'm not sure how up to
date that is, but it's a good place to start.  Also the IP's and ports used
on NCSA's venues server can be found here:
http://agschedule.ncsa.uiuc.edu/venues.asp

Beyond that there is VNC and DPPT, and perhaps RPPT.  Also any polycom
addresses you want to link with will need to be opened.

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 03:01 PM 10/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm faced with having to detail the ports used in AG work to our network
>folks who have decided that our present external connection, which is
>getting upgraded, needs a port filter applied.  I BELIEVE, but I haven't
>verified, that this box is smart enough that we don't have to detail all
>the ports from which we will be originating transmissions, but incoming
>ports that don't correspond to outgoing ports are an unknown for me.  Is
>there a document, or some collected wisdom, that I can tap?
>
>Unfortunately, I don't think that 'leave all the ports open' is going to
>be accepted as a valid answer.
>
>Thanks!!
>
>-randy

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec