[AG-TECH] Sound localisation work?

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 28 09:27:03 CST 2002

http://www.research.microsoft.com/~yongrui/html/research_details.html

has some interesting pointers to finding audio sources. There's alot of
interesting work documented in the neighborhood of that url.

The key seems to be:

1) identify the audio stream you care about,
2) find the video stream containing that individual

in our system with 1 audio and 4 video streams that means either

1) knowing more about the physical space and the devices, or
2) decoupling things so we can use the audio and video as analytical parts
to search better.

Thoughts?

--Ivan