[AG-TECH] AG Linux dist. on Dell Precision

Gavin W. Burris aka 86 ga5in at psu.edu
Tue Nov 26 08:44:16 CST 2002

I have been very successful installing Access Grid on three Dell
Precision 530s.

The display node w/ Windows XP loading AG 1.2 with no problem.  The
Linux machines are a different story.  I believe Access Grid should be
distributed as packages and not a complete OS install be default.

I installed from a fresh ISO of Redhat 7.3, used apt-rpm to update all
Redhat packages, then installed all the Access Grid packages with the
ag-update.sh script someone posted a while back to get the 2001-08-16
22:28:00-05 snapshot of RPMs.  All packages install fine, except for
the reflector, which I've never used.  You will also have to move the
defunct /usr/local/ag/jre1.2.2 out of the way, then download and
install a newer build from java.sun.com.  Then all is well.

Cheers.

--
<<--=[ Gavin W. Burris aka 86 <ga5in at psu.edu> ]=-->>
    <<--=[ Penn State Visualization Group  Systems Programmer ]=-->>