[AG-TECH] Mute button

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 18 08:26:57 CST 2002

At 12:51 PM 3/18/2002 +0000, S.Booth wrote:
>Sometimes it is much nicer to allow participants to be able to mute the
>mics themselves without having to catch the eye of the node operator.
>
>Has anyone built (or bought) a hardware mute button for the DB25
>control/status port of the gentner?
>
>It looks like all you need is a 5v led between pins 4 and 25 and a push
>button between 3 and 25 (or maybe 24?). You could program the pins
>differently but this looks like the default.

Gentner also sells control panels that have led indicators and pushbutton
or slider controls for just this sort of thing; they attach through a
control port. I've thought such a thing might be cool built into the
surface of a conference table.

http://www.gentner.com/products/audio/accessories.php

--bob