[AG-TECH] bug fixes for rat, esp. on win32 with e.g. SB Live! card

Chris Greenhalgh cmg at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Wed Mar 13 04:49:54 CST 2002

Attached are context diffs against RAT as per UCL CVS 11 March 2002
(v4.2.21) which fix crashes I have been experiencing on Windows 2000 Pro
with a Creative SB Live! Platinum 5.1 sound card (using latest drivers
from Creative).

The main fixes (rat/auddev_win32.c) address bluescreening about 1in 4
times I start RAT (as per this build and also the version shipping with
VRVS2). Fix 1: with this card/OS I have about 8 mixer devices and 12
sound devices reported, which excede a #defined limit. Fix 2: probing
the sound card(s) on startup seems to be the main problem; I have
modified the probing cycle to no prepare/unprepare audio headers and
this seems to have made it stable.

There is a minor adjust to rat/rtp_callback.c to downgrade an assert to
a warning (haven't chased through the implications).

There is a fix to common/src/memory.c _xrealloc which was fundamentally
broken in debug mode (not taking the returned pointer from realloc).

Cheers,
Chris