[AG-TECH] AG on wireless

Marty Hoag Marty.Hoag at ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Mar 22 14:01:16 CST 2002

   I can never remember the name of this stuff...  But I think this
is what I found when Tony reminded me (someone local was asking).

   The name of the product U of Illinois had used was Tsunami by
Western Multiplex.  It is probably overkill for what you want
because it is meant to be a full duplex local loop replacement
for 10, 100, or 480 mbps.

  The main product pages are at

http://www.wmux.com/products/tsunami.html

and they apparently have license exempt (5.3/5.8 GHz) and
licensed versions (23 GHz) versions. (I wonder if being so close
to the airport and air guard is a problem and just what freq.
does that radar out there use? ;-)).  It looks like they
have other products for multipoint too.

  I don't know what the environmental effects would be.  I do
see they also provide a T1 connection for PBX connectivity too.
The

http://www.wmux.com/products/datasheets/Tsunami_100.pdf

seems to have the various models.